Welcome, this is my blog, I will temporarily use this blog to document the development and the design of a personal portfolio website that i have been set as part of web design unit at university. Thanks

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Rationale

One thing I have realized over the course of this project is that the best way to appreciate web design is to try and build a website. Another thing I found out was the vast difference between an interactive web idea and a flat un-animated piece of two dimensional print work, how there are many ways to achieve a certain outcome with print compared to the few rule driven ways in web design, I now understand this is to achieve a seamless operation and maximum efficiency, I learnt this when I went to upload my site to a server and found that I had hundred of un needed duplicate images.

I began being quite ambitious with my designs expecting I would have to reign them in once I realized the constraints of time and ability, but was happy to find out I could achieve my preliminary ideas relatively easily. I think my final website is good answer to the brief that compliments my design ethics and the style of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment